The Public Register of Kinesiologists
To ensure that the Ontario public receives competent, safe and ethical services from qualified practitioners, the College is required to maintain a list of individuals authorized to practise kinesiology in Ontario. This is known as the Public Register of Kinesiologists (the Register).
The Register contains up-to-date information on every member of the College. The information is obtained when an individual first applies to the College. Additional information is obtained directly from members when they complete their annual renewal or when they notify the College of changes to their information (e.g. new practice address).
The Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 and College By-Law 21 (The Public Register) specify what information about members is to be kept and made available in the Register. This includes:
- Each member’s name
- Date of initial registration
- Registration number
- Practice address and telephone number
- Registration status (active vs. inactive)
- Notes on any terms, conditions and limitations placed on a member’s certificate of registration
- Information on any current or past disciplinary or incapacity proceedings.