Since its inception, the Registration process of the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (CKO) has been established by a combination of legislative, regulatory and local policy frameworks. The purpose of the Registration process is to validate the qualifications, knowledge, skills and judgement of those wishing to practice as kinesiologists in Ontario.
In keeping with the goal of ensuring that the Registration process is fair, transparent and consistent, and in the interests of ensuring that CKO resources are not occupied unnecessarily with invalid or partially completed applications for Registration, it was determined that a formal written Registration Timeline policy is required.
- General timelines, including when an application may be initiated and the duration over which an application is open and valid.
- Timelines pertaining to supporting documentation required to support an application, including:
- General supporting documentation retention timelines
- Timelines for submission of education verification documents
- Timelines for submitting evidence of language proficiency if required
- Timelines for completion of the Jurisprudence e-Learning module
- Exam eligibility evaluation timelines
- Exam registration and writing timelines
- Exam completion timelines
- Registration completion timelines
- Exceptions – Delays in Processing
- Referral to Registration Committee
- Appeal of Registration decisions
- Note re: Accessibility, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and anti-Bias.
The College is aware of impending changes to the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) to reduce barriers to registration. Further updates will be made to this policy pending updates to the RHPA and our Registration Regulation.
Share your feedback
The College would like to hear from you on the Language Proficiency policy. All feedback will be considered by Council as part of the decision-making process, whether it is reflected in the final document.
Please share your thoughts through the online survey by Friday, May 27, 2022.
The College will review all feedback and present a final policy for Council approval in June 2022. Once the Language Proficiency policy is implemented, changes will be communicated to registrants and stakeholders.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.