The College is run by a Council, similar to a board of directors. Council sets the College’s strategic and policy direction. It makes decisions that protect and promote the public interest. Based on Council’s direction, a staff team led by the registrar/CEO carries out the College’s day-to-day work.
Council is made up of:
- 10 kinesiologists elected by their peers for three year terms, one of whom must be a member of an Ontario university’s faculty or department of kinesiology; and
- At least six and no more than eight public members appointed by the Ontario Government to provide the public’s point of view.
Committees support the work of Council. Each Council member also serves on at least two committees. Committees include elected and public members of Council, and kinesiologists who are not on Council. View the College’s committees.
Role of Council members
Council members serve and act in the public interest. They contribute to public protection by:
- sharing ideas and perspectives to help shape the College’s strategic and policy direction;
- making decisions about standards of practice, professional conduct, requirements for entry-to-practice and continuing professional development; and
- working collaboratively with people affected by the College’s work to improve regulation of the profession.
|Jennifer Pereira- College President||Mary Pat Moore- College Vice-President|
|Lynne (Alis) Bonsignore||Teresa Bendo|
|Marie Cousineau||Leslee Brown|
|Susan Garfat||Sara Gottlieb|
|Candace Glowa||Chad McCleave|
|Elwin Lau||Victoria Nicholson|
|Graydon Raymer- Academic member|