What this announcement means for R.Kins
Kinesiologists are reminded to continue to follow the requirements of Directive 2 from the Chief Medical Officer of Health and the accompanying COVID-19 Operational Requirements: Health Sector Restart for guiding principles when making decisions about service delivery. Directive 2 requires health professionals to continue monitoring COVID-19 spread in their community and when choosing service delivery models (in-person, virtual or modified services). To obtain this information, you can use the following data sources:
As a reminder, virtual services are recommended when appropriate. If in-person services are required, you must always wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE). Continued adherence with all public health measures, including handwashing, masking and physical distancing, is expected when at work and in the community.
General COVID-19 reminders
All kinesiologists are encouraged to review the College’s COVID-19 guidance. Below are some reminders:
- Screen patients/clients at the time of booking and on the day of the appointment. Consider virtual care as an option, particularly if a patient/client screens positive for exposure to the virus or is at risk of complications should they contract COVID-19.
- Always wear a mask and other appropriate PPE, such as eye protection.
- Wash your hands with soap or use a Health Canada approved sanitizer before and after each patient/client interaction and when putting on and taking off PPE.
- Clean and disinfect all patient/client contact surfaces after each use.
- Regularly clean and disinfect all high-touch surfaces in your place of employment, including reception and break room surfaces.
If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Lawrence, the College’s Practice Advisor, via email.