Today the Ontario Government announced that effective immediately, the province is under a state of emergency. The Government also announced that effective 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, January 14, a stay at home order comes into effect. Learn more.
What this announcement means for R.Kins
Regulated health professionals like kinesiologists are not impacted by these announcements because people are permitted to leave home to seek the services of regulated health professionals and for medical appointments.
General COVID-19 reminders
All kinesiologists are encouraged to review the College’s COVID-19 guidance. Below are some reminders:
- Screen patients/clients at the time of booking and on the day of the appointment. Consider virtual care as an option, particularly if a patient/client screens positive for exposure to the virus or is at risk of complications should they contract COVID-19.
- Always wear a mask and other appropriate PPE, such as eye protection.
- Wash your hands with soap or use a Health Canada approved sanitizer before and after each patient/client interaction and when putting on and taking off PPE.
- Clean and disinfect all patient/client contact surfaces after each use.
- Regularly clean and disinfect all high-touch surfaces in your place of employment, such as reception and break room surfaces.
If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Lawrence, the College’s Practice Advisor, via email.