If you have a concern or complaint about the care you received from a kinesiologist, you have the right to submit a complaint to the College. The College takes all concerns and complaints seriously. When reviewing complaints and making decisions, the interests of patients/clients is the guiding principle.
Among the reasons for complaints are concerns that a kinesiologist has:
- ignored the basic rules of practice;
- sexually abused a patient/client;
- not maintained the standards of practice;
- provided inappropriate care/service;
- a physical or mental condition or disorder that interferes with their ability to practice.
If you are not sure if you want to file a complaint, contact the College via email or at (416) 961-7000 ext. 100.
If you are an employer or facility operator, learn about your mandatory reporting obligations.
Step 1: Review the complaints process
Learn more about the complaints process below or contact us at (416) 961-7000 ext. 100 to discuss your questions.
You may discuss the complaints process before you make a formal complaint, and you do not have to share your name. When and if you decide to make a formal complaint, you will be required to identify yourself.
Step 2: Put together information about the complaint
You must submit your complaint in a recorded format. Recorded means your complaint can be written, or in an audio or video format. College staff cannot record your complaint over the phone. You can have another person assist you in submitting a complaint. If you require any accommodations when filing a complaint due to a disability, please contact the College.
To file a complaint, you may complete the Complaints Form.
The College needs the following information from you:
- your name and contact information (telephone number, mailing address). The College cannot address anonymous complaints.
- the name of the kinesiologist (College staff can help if you do not have the exact name).
- the patient/client’s name if it concerns someone other than yourself.
- a description of the behaviour, action or inaction you are concerned about, and as much detail as possible about the time and location that they occurred.
Step 3: Submit your complaint
You can do this by:
Registrar c/o Professional Conduct Department
College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
160 Bloor Street East, Suite 1402
Toronto, ON M4W 1B9
Fax: (416) 961-7009